The National Wholesale Tools Security Guarantee
We are offering a limited guarantee against any unauthorized charges on your credit card for 6 months following your use of the card to purchase products from our store. If unauthorized charges appear on your credit card periodic statement due to a breach of security on our server at any time within 6 months of your last transaction with us, we'll cover your liability up to the US$50.00 federal limit, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The credit card guarantee applies only to purchases made with a credit card issued by a United States bank or other U.S. credit card issuing authority. Sorry, but the guarantee does not apply to consumers using non-U.S. issued credit cards because regulations vary between countries.
- The guarantee is only offered for credit cards used to purchase services made via our secure server, not via fax or phone.
- The guarantee covers a maximum liability of $50 per eligible credit card if this amount is not first waived by your card issuer. You must first apply for any waiver of such liability if such is required by your card issuer. If you do not cancel and replace the card, we will not be liable for further unauthorized charges on the same card.
- When making your claim, you will be required to complete a short claim form that includes an authorization for our credit card service provider to obtain information or records concerning the claim. You must also provide us with (i) a copy of the credit card statement that includes the unauthorized charges, (ii) a copy of a statement from the authority that issued the credit card showing a charge for your liability, stating that they refused to waive the $50.00 federal maximum authorized charge and confirming that you were subject to fraudulent use of your credit card, and (iv) any other supporting information, such as a filed police report.
- In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card issuer in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. You will need to cancel your card if required to do so by your card issuer. You must report all unauthorized charges to your card issuer promptly and no later than 60 days after the card issuer mails the first card statement showing the unauthorized charges.
You should apply to us for any claim for liability for unauthorized charges not waived by your card issuer as promptly as possible. You must make your claim no later than 180 days following the last purchase you made from our store using that credit card.